IngredientsIngredients - Jam
Ingredients - Pastry
- Place grated pineapple, sugar and pandan leaves in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and cook over moderate heat until it begins to boil.
- Add ground mixed spice and lower the heat, then continue to cook stirring all the time until mixture is almost dry and thick.
- Leave aside to cool. Roll into small balls about 2 cm diameter.
- Cream QBB and sugar until light. Beat in egg yolks one at a time. Add essence and salt and beat until fluffy.
- Sift Top flour and cornflour together and fold into the beaten QBB mixture to form a firm dough.
- Divide dough into 30 balls.
- Flatten a piece of dough and place a piece of the rolled pineapple jam ball in the middle. Bring the edges of the dough together and press lightly to seal. Roll it in between your palms to shape it into a roll or cylinder.
- Place rolls on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- In a small bowl mix the egg yolk, salt and water together for the glaze.
- Brush the prepared glaze on the pineapple rolls with a pastry brush.
- Place in a preheated oven of 180��½ C or 375��½ F and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the rolls are pale golden brown.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 32 rolls
Thanks to :