CALLIE FOOD BLOG




**WELCOME TO MY BLOG**ITS A BLOG ABOUT FOOD, FOOD, YUMMY, YUMMY FOOD**

Aug 22, 2007

Stir Fry Snake Gourd with Mutton

Home Cook Food

Snake gourd is popular among the Indians. I discover this sweet taste gourd from my Indian friends who use them to cook dhal. Accordingly to the vege seller, this method of cooking is already outdated.

She recommended the frying style. I have tried this for my family by frying the slice gourds. Heat up oil, saute tumis ikan spices (which consists of biji sawi, jintan putih and jintan manis) and 1 tbsp of fish curry till fragrant. Add in mutton, stir fry for a while and add in slices of snake gourd. Add in a little water, stir fry to mix well. Cover to cook for a while. Dish out and serve.

I used mutton to add some ingredients to it otherwise it will be too plain. I think it will taste good if prawns are added. Next time, with prawns. Try it.



No comments:

Post a Comment