CALLIE FOOD BLOG




**WELCOME TO MY BLOG**ITS A BLOG ABOUT FOOD, FOOD, YUMMY, YUMMY FOOD**

Nov 23, 2007

Noodles-Spinach Wantan Mee

Tommorrow morning what are we going to eat? These are the 'blues' I have from Mon to Fri!

I got a packet of deep fried chicken feet freshly bought from Giant Hypermarket. I also have some pre-soaked mushrooms in my fridge. So, what to do with them. As I have said before, I have 'headaches' for breakfast preparation from Mondays to Fridays. Saturday and Sunday is free and easy.

Hubby suggested Wantan Meen, mushroom and chicken feet. Ok! One problem solved. But not wantan meen because I do not have wantan ingredients. So, spinach meen, ok?


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ingredients
(Pre-cooked a day before breakfast)
10–12 dried pre-soaked Chinese mushrooms, cut away stalks and rinse well
1 packet pre-fried chicken feet, blanched with hot water to remove oil
1 packet spinach noodles, boiled with water and toss with then with clear water
1 packet of choy sam, soaked and boil whole then cut into 1 inch length

Seasoning (A)
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp chicken stock granules
300ml water

Method

Put mushroom and chicken feet together with seasoning (A) in a small saucepot. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20–25 minutes. Check chicken feet as some tend to become soft quite fast. Otherwise continue to braise them for another 30 minutes. Keep this in the fridge for next morning use.
Good Morning!
- Set 2 pots of water. 1 hot boiling and another cold water.
- Blance spinach noodles stirring them with a long chopsticks, sieve and put into cold water to remove starch
and back into hot water quickly.
- Put some lard oil and black soy sauce onto plate
- Drop the cooked noodles onto it and mixed them evenly
- Scoop in some mushroom and chicken feet yummy sauce
- Add 2 mushrooms, chicken feet and vegetables
- Shake a dash of pepper
- Serve and enjoy with a cup of hot coffee

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My daughter tapau (take-a-way) 2 sets to college and my hubby ate and say 'must have lard only good hoh!. My son did not say anything because he was in a rush for a scout meeting and maybe to cyber cafe.

I, the "Chef" evaluated " Next cooking, cook more sauce and use plain thick wantan noodles but not green. It looks awful actually. So thanks to Amy Beh, my cooking sifu (master). I read her books and follow her articles in The Star Food Column very Tuesday. Can anyone spare my Amy Beh's photo(if you have one)?

No comments:

Post a Comment