9 tablespoons (110g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups (190g) flour
1/2 cup (70g) finely stone-ground cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons baking powder (preferably aluminum-free)
1 3/4 cups (450g) homemade pineapple jam or any jam, conserves, or marmalade you like
coarse raw sugar
1. Beat together butter and sugar until well-combined. Mix in the egg, egg yolk and almond extract.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder. Gradually add the dry ingredients, just until the mixture just comes together.
3. Measure out 11 ounces (300g), which is about 2/3rd of the dough if you don't have a scale, pat it into a disk, wrap it in plastic, and chill it. Take the remaining dough and roll it into a log about 2-inches (5cm) in diameter, wrap it and chill it, too
Preheat the oven to 375°F (khoảng 180℃)
4. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow to room temperature slightly. With the heel of your hand, press the dough into the bottom and sides of an unbuttered removable bottom tart pan (one that's 9" or 10", 24cm), or springform pan, patting it evenly.
5. Spread the jam evenly over the dough.
6. Remove the log of dough from the refrigerator and slice in cookie-sized disks, or cut it into any shape you like (I used shaped cookies cutter but as you see in photos, the dough spread so much to keep the shape), then lay them over the jam. Top very generously with lots of coarse raw sugar, at least 2 tablespoons.
7. Bake until the pastry is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Let cool before serving, and serve at room temperature.