Recipe type: Dessert
Number of serving: 8
Preparation time: 10 Minute(s)
Cook time: 25 Minute(s)
- 100g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 140 g granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 250g all purpose flour (self raising flour)
- pinch of salt
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Line 12 cup muffin tin with muffin paper liners. In the large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and sugar.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool. Mash the bananas with a fork or just simply with your hands. In a second bowl mix together beaten eggs, vanilla extract, melted butter and milk. Add the mashed bananas and stir through.
- With a spoon or with your hands lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Don't over mix it. Are you using a blender? 1-2 seconds are enough.
- Spoon in the mixture in paper liners until almost full. Bake about 25-30 minutes or until a tester (toothpick) inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Leave muffins to cool for 10-15 minutes while still in the moulds before serving.
Credits : Petitchef