Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Sponge Peach Cream Cake
(make a 18cm round cake)
3 eggs, bring to room temperature
90g caster sugar
100g cake flour
20g unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons fresh milk (I used low-fat fresh milk)
2 ~ 3 drops of vanilla extract
filling & frosting:
1 cup non-dairy whipping cream
1 can peach slices
1. Sift cake flour, set aside. Melt butter, set aside. Grease and line a 18cm round pan. Position rack at the lower bottom of the oven. Pre-heat oven to 170degC.
2. With an electric mixer, whisk eggs and sugar on HIGH speed for about 5 to 7mins, until the batter double in volume and is ribbon-like (the beater should leave a ribbon-like texture when the batter is lifted up). Turn to LOW speed and whisk for another 1 to 2 mins. Whisking at low speed helps to stabilise the air bubbles in the batter.
3. Sieve over the sifted cake flour in 3 separate additions, into the batter. With a spatula, gently fold in the flour each time the flour is added. Take care not to deflate the batter.
4. With a spatula, mix about 1/3 of the batter with the melted butter in a separate bowl. Fold in this mixture into the remaining batter. This method will help to ensure the butter will be fully blended and at the same time will not deflate the batter.
5. Add in fresh milk and vanilla extract, and fold in gently with spatula, until well blended.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Gently give the pan a few bangs on a work surface to release air bubbles that are trapped in the batter. Bake for 30 ~ 35 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Unmold, invert the cake on cooling rack and cool completely.
Assemble the cake
1. With an electric mixer, whip the non-dairy whipping cream still stiff.
2. Slice the cake horizontally into 2 layers. Brush the surface of the sponge layers with the syrup from the canned peach slices. This helps to keep the sponge layers moist.
3. Place one layer of the sponge cake on a cake plate/board. With a palette knife, spread some whipped cream evenly over the layer. Arrange 2 concentric rings of peach slices on the sponge layer. Fill with some more whipped cream and spread it evenly all over. Top with the second cake layer.
4. Spread the whipped cream over the top and side of the cake. Decorate as desired.
Credits : http://happyhomebaking.blogspot.com/2007/10/birthday-cake.html
Hairy Gourd aka Mao Gua is very common in Chinese Hakka homes. A dish which not every family likes to eat. Remove skin. Cut gourd into st...
** My Story and The Food ** It was Joo's 22nd birthday and as usual everyone would have a chance to celebrate in-house with a birt...
Bhn2nya: 1) 4 ekor ikan kembung(dibersihkan dan disapu dgn sedikit garam) Utk bhn air asam: 1- 2 biji bawang merah.* 2- 2 inci belacan.* 3...
Weekend-eat-out is a time we hunt for food. Again, what to eat? Light, spicy, soupy or heavy? We were around Kelana Jaya after doing some...
Do you think you would eat Dim Sum for lunch? Most people would think that Dim Sums are only suitable for breaking fast, cos it's som...
Kansai is now in Ara Jaya, Petaling Jaya. So, if you are hungry for Japanese food, just patronize the now quiet NZX Commercial Centre. ...
Servings: About six bowls Adapted from: Famous Street Food of Penang (A Guide and Cook Book) Ingredients: Chili Paste: 10g dri...
Ingredients: Chicken Chop 314g Oil 1 tbsp Butter 1 tbsp Oil for deep frying Cinnomon Stick 2.5cm long Onion 115g All purpose flou...
Soursop or Haviola is a Natural Cancer KILLER and is 10,000 times stronger than Chemo and more. How many people died in vain while this bil...
Do you want to enjoy Hockchiew / FuZhou delicacies. Let's go to Banting for some yummy and delicious dishes! Real worth a journey ...
RESTAURANT & FOOD
- Restaurant Food
- Restaurant Mizi Shabu-Shabu: Puchong: Steamboat
- Restoran AhYat Abalone
- Restoran Char Siew Chai
- Restoran Defoodland
- Restoran Fa Ying
- Restoran Kansai Japanese Food
- Restoran King Crab
- Restoran Rasa SH
- Restoran Sam You SS3
- Restoran The Apartment The Curve Mutiara Damansara
- Restoran The Cave Couple Cafe SS2
- Restoran UFO Churning Pot Steamboat
- Restoran Yook Tho Yin
- Satay Kajang HJ Samuri
- Siah Boey Ah Xan Rice House Jalan Magazine
- Uu Yam Lama Lor Mee and Pan Mee
- Yau Char Kway aka Yau Tiew
MAKAN and RECIPE BLOGS
- 5xMom Best Recipes
- Best Food Network
- BM Kia
- CariMakan In PJ (Ekeng)
- Dapur Anak Ank
- Delicious Asian Food
- Fat Man
- FL Sam
- Hanie Liza
- I Wen I Wen
- Joan Chew
- Jom Makan
- Jules Eating Blog to Malaysia
- Kampung boy City Gal
- KL People KL Food
- KY Speaks
- Less Than Ten
- Makan Kings
- Makan Penang
- Malaysian Food
- Masak Masak
- Masak Masak 2
- Monster Blog
- Nyonya Nyonya
- Penang Faces
- Precious Pea
- Rasa Malaysia
- Rasa Rasa Food Sense Malaysia
- Real Thai
- Roy Lazim
- Ruby Ahmad
- Shiok Or Not
- ST Foodies Club
- Star Drive for Food
- The Food Pornographer
- Tim Low
- Ulam Pegaga
- Umi Kal