CALLIE FOOD BLOG




**WELCOME TO MY BLOG**ITS A BLOG ABOUT FOOD, FOOD, YUMMY, YUMMY FOOD**

Feb 18, 2007

CNY Food

cny07yeesang
Salmon Yee Sang tapau from Yok Tho Yin Restaurant

Roast Duck, Pork and Steamed Chicken

Super Crispy Deep Fried Soft Shell Crabs

Braised Abalone with Green Garden Brocolli
Seafood Soup with abalone, squid and fresh oysters

This year, we choose to dine at home as Hubby preferred this way (he dun like crowded and noisy places but I do). I have to plan out what are my children and hubby's choice of foods. Of course, no curry and spicy food during CNY, cause many believed these foods are inauspicious.
I have planned 5 course dinner menu with rice and lychee dessert. Ginger wine prawns and pomfret were digested during lunch after prayers (no pictures cos too hungry). My family loved them so much as we do not have to wait till 9.00pm to have dinner as most Restaurant will only take reservation at this time if you do not booked early.

Lilian Too mentioned in her book that it is always a u s p i c i o u s to eat at home during CNY Reunion. So practice.. lor.

In these wee hours, I am still blogging here, even though I am very tired with my eyes half-opened. What's more, no thundering sound of firecrackers to welcome the new year. Alas, Government of Malaysia, TUAN, you should permit this traditionaly practice culture, approve them in permitted size, length, duration and method of lighting crackers. OR, I will be selling CDs with fire-crackers thundering noise for a duration of 15 minutes. Support me kah?

Happy Chinese New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment