CALLIE FOOD BLOG




**WELCOME TO MY BLOG**ITS A BLOG ABOUT FOOD, FOOD, YUMMY, YUMMY FOOD**

Aug 2, 2011

Soup-Perut Ikan

Woo.. I have so much daun kaduk growing so well in my garden. Big leaves yet so bushy. I thought of trimming them away and let the young leaves grow again. I normally use the young leaves for my tomyam instant noodles cooking by just adding some prawns, large onions slices and kaffir leaves. Trust me, they really turn out to be yummy.
I crave to eat Perut Ikan for long. I have no chance to taste the 'suit my tastebuds' soup here compared with Penang Nyonya Eateries. Well, this is from Madam Kwong where I hope to try it out. Looks simple but many recipes started with the word 'most tedious' food to cook. Let me try out and will see if its tedious or Mdm Kwong don't share the correct recipe. Cos, it looks so peasy easy. Let me tell you once I have tried.

Simply translated as “Fish Stomach”. This curry is accompanied by herbs and vegetables. It is difficult Nyonya dish and a long process to cook.
Here is the recipe:
Curry paste stock
2 tbsp chilli powder
10 shallots (minced)
2 tbsp minced lemongrass
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp blue ginger powder
2 tsp belacan powder
100 grams tamarind juice
1.5 litres water
60g pickled fish stomach
600 grams peeled fresh prawns
1 can diced pineapple (400g)
2 eggplant/aubergine (cut 2.5cm)
10 snake beans or 500 grams french beans (cut 2.5 cm length ways)
1 ginger bulb/bungah kantan
Finely shredded vegetables
20 Vietnamese mint

30 betel leaves (Betel)
2 turmeric leaves
5 kaffir lime leaves
salt and sugar to taste
Method
1. Boil curry paste stock for 15 minutes.
2. Add the shredded vegetables, pickled fish stomach and prawns.
3. Add seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment